Pork and Prawn Spring Rolls
500g Pork mince
500g Frozen prawns (med sized peeled)
40 Sheets of spring roll pastry (8.5 inch sheets)
3 Medium sized carrots grated
50g Vermicelli (glass noodles)
1 1/2 tbsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tsp of salt
1 3/4 tbsp of white sugar
1 tsp of white pepper
1 1/2 tbsp of potato or cornflour starch
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 Medium sized onions
1.5-2 litres of vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Firstly prepare your vermicelli by putting in cold water for half an hour. Then drain and cut into 2cm pieces.
2. Mince prawns and onion in a food processor separately. Prawns not too fine but onion done very fine.
3. Put the pork mince and prawn into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, chicken seasoning powder, salt, white sugar, pepper and onion, and mix with hands until all ingredients blended.
4. Now add potato starch, 2 tablespoons of oil and mix by hand again. Add grated carrots and Vermicelli, mix again.
5. Take defrosted spring roll pastry placing one by one onto a board. Put around 2 tablespoons of ingredients from the large bowl and place onto the pastry following the folding directions on the back of your spring roll pastry wrapper.
6. In a large pot put 1.5 to 2 litres of oil on medium heat till oil is hot then place some of your folded spring rolls into the oil until lightly brown. Take out and place onto kitchen paper towel for around a minute.
7. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 30 servings