What I Did Today Canvas Board
Make this simple yet stunning “What I Did Today” canvas board.
What you will need:
- A canvas
- Desired ribbons for top
- Desired fabric for letters
- Staple gun
- Paint for pegs and string
- Craft glue, brush or adhesive spray
- When choosing your canvas, think about your hanging space. The one pictured here is 50cm x 70cm but you can do any size. The pegs and string pictured are painted, but you can leave them untouched giving your canvas a more natural feel.
- Place your ribbons along the top wrapping them around the edges and glue in place. You can also use the staple gun here for extra strength.
- Cut your letters out and paste in place. When cutting don’t worry about being too neat, a mismatch of letters give the board a more child like feel to it. Place your letters on the board before starting to paste them on to ensure they fit.
- With a staple gun, staple your string in place on either side of the board & place your pegs on.
The great thing about this canvas creation is that you can really get your child’s personality shining through by use of the ribbons and fabric you use. There is also the option of adding a little bling to your creation, the possibilities are endless. You can also try changing the wording below. How about “My Favourite Photos” or “Artwork by…(child’s name). So what will you do today? Make a canvas board?